• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deducting Final Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dmk99

My company's tuition reimbursement program stipulates that if an employee leaves the company within 12 months of receiving the reimbursement, that the amount reimbursed will be recouped in the employee's final pay check. The company's tuition reimbursement is 3,500 a year. What would happen if the amount I was reimbursed was greater than my final check?

H

hannah jo

If your company limits its reimbursement to $3500 and you were mistaeknly reimbursed more than that amount - you had no legal right to the overpayment whether you quit or not. If they seek to recoup to overpayment - you will be required to pay it.

------------------
Please note that these comments do not constitute legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult with a local attorney, who can explore all the facts and issues of your specific situation and then advise you of any legal rights and remedies you may have under the current laws of your jurisdiction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">