• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deduction from payroll after almost a year...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Silva1995

I live in Massachusetts. Last October I went on Marnity Leave & was Paid 4 weeks paid by my employer. However, Apparently they paid me 3 days too many & ended up paying me $318.16 too much. Now, almost a year later, they have deducted the amount (100.00 each week) from my payroll. They did not notify me that they were going to do this they just did. I had to contct payroll to figure out Why & the details of why this $$ was being taken out. It came at a time where I am in financial hardships so it was very incovenient. My question is,, Is there a time limit of where they can deduct because of THEIR error? What if i know longer worked there? Surely they would not have billed me for what they had overpaid me. Shouldnt they have notified me and advised me about the error first before deducting? What are my rights in this situation? (Thanks in advance!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">