• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deed transfer in TN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CJ592

my company relocated me from TN in september and purchased my home as part of the deal. yesterday, i received a tax bill for the home and now know the company never transferred the deed into their name. the company now refuses to transfer the deed or pay the taxes. is this legal and what can i do to make sure my credit and good standing are not harmed?

C

CJ592

while i appreciate your reply and admit that this approach was my first inclination, i am seeking a little more insight into whether or not this would be a worthwhile pursuit prior to incurring the cost and trouble of hiring an out-of-state attorney(i am currently located in mi).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">