• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this defamation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tboyce113

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?NC
I worked for a sanitation consultant firm,that was under contract with a poultry plant. An employee of the poultry plant made a false allegation to the poultry plant that I was in the ladies room with another female employee. I was fired with no proof of this incident. The only thing I could really do was tell my employer I did not do this thing. Okay, new sanitation firm came into the poultry plant under contract and a job was offered to me. I went in one night and the next day, I was told that they could not hire me because the poultry plant made them aware of the allegation. What can I do if anything? I even have an email stating some of the grounds why i was not hired and stating that the poultry made the potential employer aware of this false allegation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">