• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation of Character

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shark

I was employed at a major university in the state of Virginia for over 18 months. After an altercation over money my sister went to the university officials and revealed to them that I had a felony on my record. They did a background check and called me in their office and said that since I falsified the employment application I had a decision to make. I could be terminated or resign. I resigned my position and was assured that my information and reason for resignation would not be revealed. That was three and a half months ago. Saturday I was in the grocery store and saw a young lady who worked there at one time. She asked me had I found a good attorney yet and I said "no why". She relayed that just as recently as last week she was having a conversation with a university official and they told her that I had been fired for stealing computer equipment from the university, that I was a career criminal, and that I was kicked out of the military and served time in the penitentury. I resigned my position but officials there are stating that I was fired, not to mention the information that he relayed to her is close to what is on my record and how did he get the information. He does not work in the law enforcement department of the campus. I have a new job now and would not have thought to ask this question if I had not seen this young lady. I have her number and information...should I retain a lawyer?

L

lawrat

i would least speak with an attorney if i were you.

http://www.attorneypages.com

What you don't want to do is jeapordize your new job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">