• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation, Libel?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NC

A "friend" of mine decided to pull a prank on me over the last few days. I visit and post on an aviation message board, this friend used my computer and my account to post some harsh statements about another airline to which I had applied. The joke was to get people on the board who actually knew me in real life a good giggle, its a pilot thing, dont ask.

Well what started as a joke got the attention of an employee of the airline I was applying to. Since this was all going on without my knowledge it went on for a few days. I came home today to find that this employee at my prospective new airline had called HR figured out my name and told them not to hire me, he had been reading and responding to who he thought was me.

This is no big deal to me since I have been offered a much better job at a different airline, but what I would like to do is make this guy sweat a little bit since he seems to think he has the right to summarily pick and choose who gets interviews.

Could a case be made for Defamation or Libel, Im not too clear on the exact differences? All I really have is he told HR never to hire me at this airline.

I know this is a stretch but I am looking for official looking info just to make the guy stir in his seat until he figures out it is all bupkiss.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

D8D

pattytx

Without your suffering any financial damages, since you got an even better offer, what would you sue for?

Change all your screen names and passwords and consider how much a friend this guy really is.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">