• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defamation and slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mosray

I live in Texas and am a temp. worker. I believe I lost my job because of lies told by a jealous, insecure, envious, malicious coworker. I was not given the opportunity to defend myself. This was a great job, and am upset at losing it all at the hands of a lier. She damaged my reputation with that company and with the temp. agency.
I doubt very much I can do anything to company because of at will laws and I'm a temp and no contract was signed, but I would like to sue the person who got me "fired."
I was "hired" by a company after working temp thru an agency. I was told it was "a done deal" by the company's supervisor, but that I would have to wait for an "offer letter." She even told other perm employees that I "was hired," and I rec'd congrats. This superv. told my agency that "they all love" me. I was told directly that everyone in my dept. liked me and that they were very pleased with my work. My superv. is not the guilty party, though.
After waiting a month for the offer letter, I rec'd a call from the temp. agency saying the co. "could not extend me an offer" because of "several incidents" that happened "with another person." I knew immediately who that person was. She is another secretary I worked closely with.
I'm trying to be brief here.
Question. How do I find out exactly what was said by this person (since no one will tell me)? I had warning signals from this person, and she also got the temp. girl before me "fired." I am 99% positive her slander was the reason I did receive that offer letter. It has now been a week with no work and I live paycheck-to-paycheck. (There are many other facts involved, but will not elaborate now, since this is so long already. Thanks so much for your help. I'm hoping to get some encouragement, but please be honest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">