• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defamatory letter in personal file

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bob121

Hi,
I was a NYC high school teacher who was wrongly accused of having an improper relationship with a student. A very negative letter was placed in my file which was filled with many inaccuracies as well as lies. Ultimately, avadavits as well as testimony from the student and her guardians resultd in me still being fired, however, the final letter from the chancellor stated that I used poor judgement in aiding a troubled student. Although it is a subjective issue as to weather or not I used poor judgement the fact remains that a letter which says I dated the kid is in my file. Since the final chancellor's letter refutes these allegations I'd like to know if I have any legal right to make sure that the defamatory letter is removed? I know it's a loaded question; I value your advice.
Thanks,
Pete

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">