• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deffered adjudicated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CavemanLawyer

It would depend on the company and your employment contract, if you have one. Even after you complete a deferred probation the charge will still show up on your criminal history forever, it will just won't be a conviction. So if the company cares to look, they will see exactly what happened with your criminal charge.

If you are an at will employee than you can be fired at any time for just about any reason, so they could fire you for this. Otherwise, you've got to look to your employment contract and see if it addresses firing based on criminal actions and whether it has to be a final conviction or not.

It would depend on the company and your employment contract, if you have one. Even after you complete a deferred probation the charge will still show up on your criminal history forever, it will just won't be a conviction. So if the company cares to look, they will see exactly what happened with your criminal charge.

If you are an at will employee than you can be fired at any time for just about any reason, so they could fire you for this. Otherwise, you've got to look to your employment contract and see if it addresses firing based on criminal actions and whether it has to be a final conviction or not.

Well the agreement i signed said it was an will employment. So that means If they were to pull me into the hr office and say " anthony we are going to fire you because you were charged with theft even though you werent convicted" I wouldnt be able to dispute that?

edit- and here is just a general question, a poll if you will. If you were an employer and I explained the situation to you ( quick summary : I was charged with a crime because I was basically being bullied/threatened by a prison gang member to take the charge and keep his name out of it) and even go as far as giving the detectives name and contact info to use as a reference, not to have him say that i was 100 percent innocent . but to basically explain why I chose to take the charge and why he was FORCED to charge me would you higher me if i was most qualified for the job?

AND THIS QUESTION IS OPEN TO ANYBODY WHO WISHES TO PROVIDE ME FEEDBACK

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, I would not "higher" you. I might consider hiring you. But only if you learn to spell.

Seriously, it would depend on what kind of job I was considering you for. You've just told me that you can be bullied or threatened into breaking the law, so I probably wouldn't hire you for a position in which there would be a risk of you doing so again. But for a position where there would be no opportunity for that to happen again, IF you were the best qualified candidate I might consider it.

Keep in mind that no matter how well qualified you think you are for any job, there's no guarantee that you are the best qualified. That's something that really irritates me, when someone assumes that because they are well qualified, it MUST be that they are the best qualified.

No, I would not "higher" you. I might consider hiring you. But only if you learn to spell.

Seriously, it would depend on what kind of job I was considering you for. You've just told me that you can be bullied or threatened into breaking the law, so I probably wouldn't hire you for a position in which there would be a risk of you doing so again. But for a position where there would be no opportunity for that to happen again, IF you were the best qualified candidate I might consider it.

Keep in mind that no matter how well qualified you think you are for any job, there's no guarantee that you are the best qualified. That's something that really irritates me, when someone assumes that because they are well qualified, it MUST be that they are the best qualified.
I am the best at everything I do so at least I know there is some hope. And btw I wasn't bullied into breaking the law I was bullied into admitting to something I didn't do

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I am the best at everything I do

Now that is the kind of arrogance that might make me decide NOT to hire you. Evidently you do not do spelling since I promise you, you are not the best at that.

Grayson

If you were the best at everything you do, you wouldn't be here researching legal answers to get yourself out of hot water.

If you were the best at everything you do, you wouldn't be here researching legal answers to get yourself out of hot water.
What does a forced criminal charge have to do with my ability in the work force?

and btw I would not say " I am the best at everything I do" during a job interview , I'd say something the along the lines of " I try to be the best at everything I do"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">