• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denied benifits+bonus then terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

farmingstinks

What is the name of your state? illinois
i was hired by a large nyse company in 2-05 as a certified commercial applicator of restricter-use pesticides and fertilizers plus general maintenance in a part-time statice.the pay was terrible but hoped for permanent statice.was rrequired to work 7 days a week 15 hours a day till july.the summer was 40 hour work week that ended up still with 50 hours usually the norm.when september arrived was back to 7 days a week and 110 hour work week with even a 128 hour work week was logged...because of my part-time title was not eligible for holiday or any vacation so if i wanted money i worked holidays.the company had a applicator bonus program for full-time employee based on acres which my totaled over 30000 acres and should have paid me over 7000.00.in november i was mailed an employee handbook with a benifit options package.as i read through this from human resources, it stated that after a certain amount of hours worked in a calander year i was entitled to full-time benifits like vacation,holiday pay,bonus and a 401K.well i had worked over 2700 hours in less than 10 months well over the full-time hours and past the part-time hours.the manager was a ghost at this farm center, i repeated tried to get this addressed and was ignored.during an employee evaluation in jan i brought this up to the manager and his boss the division manager.the hours worked, the missed applicators bonus the employee handbook stating that after certain hours my statice was full-tine part-time with vaction and missed holiday pay and the 401K that had remained in limbo.they addressed this as fact and yes there might be some thing missed but really were unaware i had worked those hours, but was in no way going to give me the acreage bonus money.i asked about getting this corrected and was told they would get a hold of human resources and get back to me.two days later the terminated me.was told i did great work,no complaints and one of the top applicators with the company but simply did not or could not afford to pay me any longer.10 days later i was informed my old manager was fired by the divsion manager.the new manager is now looking for applicators but i have been told i was not eligible....what now??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">