• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denied employment??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

faithnlve

What is the name of your state? Vermont. Hi everyone. My case is going well in regards to wrongful termination based upon harassment and retaliation. Anyways, my next question is this. Since I have had the lawsuit the company sent out recruiters looking for employees at this very large corporation. I re-applied for the same position I had,but in a different area which included certifications I obtained during my employment with this company. The very first time I ever applied at this huge company I received a call from the company office in North Carolina where all applications go to. This office called and asked if I would be interested in the job and set up orientation and interviewing and testing on a specific day at the site where I lived back then. Now this time when I re-applied, I got an E-maill that said Dear Faith, (which I thought was odd calling me by only my first name), we have forwarded your resume and applicatioin to a manager, if you do not hear from the manager regarding an interview then you can assume that they have decided on another candidate. I never heard back. This is NOT how this company hires. I wonder if this is continued retaliation? I am on unemployment still and searching for a job. The letter from the unemployment office ok'ed me since the company claimed I was not let go for any misconduct. This company is desperate and has recruiters everywhere looking for people. I just wanted my job back, but not in same area as harassers. Any suggestions?

mlane58

First question: Why in the hell would you want to go back and work for a company that you have so much heart burn with?

This is NOT how this company hires. I wonder if this is continued retaliation?
Maybe not when you were hired, but it certaintly is normal from what you describe. It is probable that they have revamped their recruiting and hiring practicies. How do you possibly believe that any retaliation has occured?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">