• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied MGMT due to credit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arhuff2021

Ohio Law. I have been working at a job for almost 7 months now. About a month ago, I was asked to be management and began training. After I had learned most of the management training and been put on the schedule AS management, they asked me to sign a credit/background check paper. Keep in mind, this is AFTER I was put on the schedule and taught management activities. I was TOLD later that my credit wasn't good enough to be management. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with a major in Business Management and a minor in Accounting. I am MORE than qualified for this job. The General Manager, shifts managers, and associates all agreed I am the one for this position. I'm not even positive they actually SENT IN the credit request; I never received a copy in the mail, yet. Is there anything I can do about this? The credit paper I signed to be sent in doesn't even have the GM's signature OR the Director, which it has spaces to fill-in signatures....???

Antigone*

Ohio Law. I have been working at a job for almost 7 months now. About a month ago, I was asked to be management and began training. After I had learned most of the management training and been put on the schedule AS management, they asked me to sign a credit/background check paper. Keep in mind, this is AFTER I was put on the schedule and taught management activities. I was TOLD later that my credit wasn't good enough to be management. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with a major in Business Management and a minor in Accounting. I am MORE than qualified for this job. The General Manager, shifts managers, and associates all agreed I am the one for this position. I'm not even positive they actually SENT IN the credit request; I never received a copy in the mail, yet. Is there anything I can do about this? The credit paper I signed to be sent in doesn't even have the GM's signature OR the Director, which it has spaces to fill-in signatures....???

Actually, if your company requires you to have decent credit and you don't then you are not qualified. Start working on correcting your credit score. If you intend on having a management position in your company then you know what you need to do. There is nothing illegal about how this has been handled.

arhuff2021

well the last job I applied for for MGMT I received a copy of what they got for my credit report...when a business requests it, the credit company sends you a copy, correct? I definitely received one a couple months ago from another business

wyett717

Actually, I believe if you are denied employment or credit based on information found in your credit report, you should be entitled to a free copy of it. Check with the employer, otherwise you should be able to get one through one or all of the three major reporting bureaus. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

But otherwise, wirelessany1 is correct. You are not guaranteed employment, especially if you do not meet the requirements of the job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">