• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denied promotion and not due to being a protected class.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bugjones

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am a 6yr County employee. I determine Medicaid and Foodstamps

I have 2yrs of college, paid experience as a paid Supervisor in the private sector and training. My Employer response is another canidate accept our offer for the last 5 yrs.. Nothing about the most qualified, educated or paid experience. So for the last 5 yrs I have been denied.
I have follow the County's poliicy & procedure and now it has been 30 days since I made them aware of my complaint and 30 days that I met with the EEO Complaince Officer.

So I need to know what is my next step?

Thank You :D

Hot Topic

So another person got the job you wanted, and you think it's unfair? Guessing at that because the wording of your post is confusing.

There could be any number of reasons why you didn't get the job that have nothing to do with years of college or training.

Actually, a month isn't a long time to wait for a response. I'm sure you understand that a company has no legal obligation to promote you just because you've been with them for x number of years.

mlane58

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am a 6yr County employee. I determine Medicaid and Foodstamps

I have 2yrs of college, paid experience as a paid Supervisor in the private sector and training. My Employer response is another canidate accept our offer for the last 5 yrs.. Nothing about the most qualified, educated or paid experience. So for the last 5 yrs I have been denied.
I have follow the County's poliicy & procedure and now it has been 30 days since I made them aware of my complaint and 30 days that I met with the EEO Complaince Officer.

So I need to know what is my next step?

Thank You :D
My question is: If you know you were not promoted and it had nothing to do with being a protected class, what was your claim with the EEOC? EEOC handles claims of discrimination based on someones' race, gender, age, religion, disability, etc....

Beth3

So I need to know what is my next step? Apparently it would be to start looking for a job elsewhere. Your management does not see you as promotable. Since your age, race, gender, religion, etc., has nothing to do with their decision, then you have no legal claim to bring.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">