• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denied unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Apiggott

What is the name of your state?New York

My husband retired 1/04 and move to North carolina. I worked for a dental office for seven(7) years. I apply for unemployment was deny because:
quitting a job to follow a spouse who retired to a different locality is without good cause. I have a problem with this answer because someone is trying to seperate me from my family. What can I do? I have thirty(30)days to request a hearing (6/16/04).

Al

HomeGuru

Apiggott said:
What is the name of your state?New York

My husband retired 1/04 and move to North carolina. I worked for a dental office for seven(7) years. I apply for unemployment was deny because:
quitting a job to follow a spouse who retired to a different locality is without good cause. I have a problem with this answer because someone is trying to seperate me from my family. What can I do? I have thirty(30)days to request a hearing (6/16/04).

Al
**A: I have a problem with that answer to. I also have a problem understanding your plight to fight rather than spending your time and energies in finding a new job in NC.

Beth3

This is a very simple matter under your State's unemployment regulations. Either your State UC laws allows for benefits when someone voluntarily resigns to relocate with their spouse or they don't. A few States do; most do not.

No one is trying to separate you from your family. You are free to move or not move as you please. You may request a hearing if you wish but it sounds like it would be a waste of time. There is no legal argument or appeal you can make if your State does not allow for benefits when resigning to relocate. It's a 100% cut and dried issue.

A

Apiggott

something in order for laws to change one must be willing to fight, rather than accept that that the way things are.

Beth3

I doubt everyone would agree that your employer should pay you unemployment benefits because you decided to move to another State but you're free to write your State legislator and express your opinion.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">