• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denied unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bonehead11

What is the name of your state? calif.
I voluntery quit 8/8/07, applied 9/9 07 for unemploy.,denied 3 months later, appealed and lost and appealed to board and lost 3/9/08.
2 questions: 1) in my opinion my case is so obvious that the edd's denial amounts to criminal corrution and they all belong in jail, I wonder how many thousands of calif, suffer because of it.Can I bring charges?
2)they say I can file a "petition for a writ of mandate" in superior court if I disagree with their decision.Are they telling me the truth? ,can I file itn myself? Do I want to?

ecmst12

If you voluntarily quit, you don't qualify for unemployment. Why are you surprised that you were denied?

bonehead11

You must be an employers attorney or a x slave owner
the law states you are intitled to ue benifits if you quit for good cause
go join the young rebulicans

mlane58

And what's your good cause? oh and those comments are really inappropriate as ecmst12 was stating the facts. If you want legal advice, don't be a jacka$$ about it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Evidently both we and the unemployment commission are supposed to just take his word that "good cause" as defined by the regs exists.

Either that or he does not understand that "good cause to quit" and "a good reason to quit" are not the same thing.

Or possibly both.

bonehead11

wow! a lot of ego in lawyerland, excluding fairisfair, I suppose a lowly blue collar type has to kiss your ass to get a question answered!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, but they do have to provide the minimum information for us to make an informed opinion on your situation.

Now, either tell us what your "good cause to quit" was, or go elsewhere for your answers. No one here has time to waste guessing.

bonehead11

the employer entered into a verbal contract to provide med. benifits after 90 days, it was provided after 6 months. he agreed to provide med. benifits for my wife as well after 6 months employment ,2 months later I discovered he had been deducting $454 a month from my pay check, without permission to cover her med benifits.
The administrative law judge took the employers side in all matters, and ignored the only hard evidence:my pay stub showing the deduction.
The judge concluded there was no evidence to show the employer had failed to meet his contract with me! and the eed board upheld his decision.
I have a vague memory of a news cast where calif edd would be administered by an employer org.the fox in the hen house?
Do I bother filing this petition? Can I do it myself?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
So you expected your employer to provide you with health insurance benefits for free?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You wanted health benefits. You got health benefits. You're complaining because he took deductions from your check to pay for the benefits. How is that not wanting him to provide the benefits for free?

To answer your question, no, I do not think this was good cause to quit and still get benefits. No, I do not think you can sue the EDD.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">