• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental Hygiene licensure application and dismissed case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laxobellavida

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I was charged with a misdemeanor but charges were all dropped and dismissed at court. I did not have to pay any fees, enter any plea deals or anything. I am thinking about moving to Florida and applying for my dental hygiene license. On the application, it asks the following:
Have you ever been convicted of, or entered a plea of guilty, nolo contendere, or no contest to a crime in any jurisdiction other than a minor traffic offense? You must include all misdemeanors and felonies, even if adjudication was withheld by the court so that you would not have a record or conviction. Driving under the influence or driving while impaired is not a minor traffic offense for purposes of this question.

Do I answer no to this? I will be having my record expunged.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Were you convicted? No.

Did you plead guilty? No.

Did you plead nolo contendere? No

Did you plead no contest? No.

So, is there a reason you think you might not answer No to this question?

I am one of the strongest proponents on these boards of answering Yes if there is even a HINT of a suggestion that you should. Many employers will forgive a single mistake - few will forgive being lied to. But in this case, I can't even imagine why you would not answer No.

Now, if they ask you if they've ever been CHARGED with anything, then I'd answer yes and explain. But if the question is worded as you've indicated, then I can't see any reason why No is not a perfectly proper and correct answer.

laxobellavida

Thank you so much. like i said, I have never had any record before so I've never had to worry about the wording on such questions. I just wanted to answer truthfully. Thank you, I feel a lot better now :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">