• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deposition Rules?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curleyq

What is the name of your state? WISCONSIN
i recently went through a 4 1/2 hour deposition as part of the process to attempt to get my job back. i was previously transferred and demoted and have a question about this procedure. i was told that there would only be myself, the attorney for the state and the court reporter present during this procedure. there were actually 4 other other people there, 2 from my former place of employment and 2 other staff just watching (i was later told that they were there in case i lost my temper or something like that). i gave out a hell of alot of personal information that these other "observers" were priveledged to hear. i was very uncomfortable the whole time ( i had no lawyer, just me) but these guys made it worse. is there a rule to how many people can attend these depositions and if it is ok for more then shouldn't i have been notified at least?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">