• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

diciplinary action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

resq1

What is the name of your state? colorado. I work as a firefighter for a northern colorado city. on april 27th the fire dept honor guard team which i am a member of did an event. after the event was over the team went to a private box at the event center where the owner offered us a beer. i accepted and had just 1 beer in a cup, and the team then left. on this day i was not on duty but was in my uniform. the dept is saying that because i was in uniform that there will be an investigation into my conduct and that there is a memo that was put out in 2002 stating that no alcoholic beverages will be consumed while in uniform or on duty. this memo is not in the dept G/O book. i was not on duty at the time. at the depts yearly awards banquet, members of the dept attend in full class A uniform. at this event food and alcoholic beverages are provided and members of the dept who are not on duty do consume alcohol. is this not a double standard and does the fire dept have justification in this matter. i wanted to add that the fire chief stated that this was a very gray area with the fact that i was not on duty.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless your municipality has a regulation that specifically addresses this or you are under a CBA which does, nothing the fire department is doing is unlawful according to the info in your post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">