• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dicipline at work for Union problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jackiefromil

OK I will try and make this brief. First off I do work in Illinois and I do get paid directly from the School District. So first question is am I a private or public sector employee?
We the employees voted in a Union in January, since then things have fallen apart. The union chose their own negotiators and we as employees had no choice. The union did not have contact with us...even when we tried to call. At that point I was very angry with the situation, and to top it off one of our negotiators applied for a management job. So I saw it as she was working both sides of the fence. I did write a news letter regarding the Union and their non-democratic ways I also stated my opinion on the employee who did apply for the management job. I also have a petition with about half of the employees that agree with me!
So then the employee that I said was playing both sides of the fence files a grievance. Three charges: defimation of character, slander, and harrassment(basically I bursted her bubble and her feelings were hurt). I thought that I could legally write this letter because of the LAndrum-Griffin act? So now I am looking at some dicipline. I called the Union and asked if they would represent us (both employees) and the Union said no, only if there was diciplinary action taken. So then I find out that the Union is representing the other employee that filed the grievance. So now I have a meeting next week with no union representation. What do I do?? Please help!
Thank you in advance,
Jackie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">