• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did I get fired unjustly?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

athlon4ever

Dear Sir:

I was fired from my job. Accoding to my manager it was due to inappropiate behavior. The inappropriate behavior constituted of horse play with the opposite sex. Even though the events took place a couple of weeks ago I was fired on 7/25/00. There was one incident that took place prior to me getting fired the day before.

I was joking with one of the females at the job and she pulled out a knife at me. Then she started to curse at me and say something but i forgot what it was. She was smiling and laughing when she said it so i took it as a joke.

I then pulled out my work knife and passed the flat side of the blade on her forearm. I forgot that the tip of my knife was broken and it caused her to have a scratch on her arm.

After this incident the day after is when she and the other females told my manager about the horseplay even though those incidents took place almost a year ago and they themseves would sometimes initate the horseplay.

I would appreciate any advice or information as far as me being bought up on any sexual harrassment charges even though they said they would not.

Thank you.

G

galaxy

I am sorry that you lost your job. However, it is NEVER a great idea to horseplay on the job, particularly with knives, of all things. Also, in this day and age, you must be aware of and take responsibility for your actions in the workplace, particularly if those actions could be misread by ANYONE. Actually, that pertains to life in general. If you were worried that it would be taken the wrong way, then you should not have participated in the first place! Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">