• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did the job - didn't get the pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Poor Mom

State of Texas - My mother took over the duties of a vacated position at city hall 10 years ago. Performing both jobs entailed a great deal of stress and long hours without any additional compensation. Through the years she was promised the title and the pay raise that went with it, but no action was taken by the city manager. The position "officially" remained open. 4 months ago, the city manager decided to "officially" fill the position and hired someone else. Mother was upset at being passed over - she had always received glowing remarks on her evaluations and couldn't understand it. Does she have any legal recourse? She thinks the passover may be due to her age (64). Or possibly recent health problems caused by the stress and strain of performing both jobs. She has requested in writing an explanation from her manager twice with no response. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Basically, 10 years is a long time. I think your mom needs to hire an employment labor law attorney ASAP who can help her see if this is a violation of regulations of the EEOC, Department of labor or of state statutes covering labor law.

Try attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">