• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Didnt Pay For Medical Insurance?? What Can I Do???????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

decarlin101

What is the name of your state? California
background
ok, so i was working for an employer almost a year, after 90 days i was elgible for benefits, so i signed up for medical insurance, they started deducting $25 a check for insurance, they never provided me with an insurance card or packet- when i would ask they would say "we will send it out shortly"

about 3 months ago i had to go to the hospital TWICE in one month, turned out i had a stomach virus (Very serious) and was placed on disability..
i was disabled for 2 months, when i returned to work i was "let go" because according to her "it was not working out"

i asked about my medical insurance, she said they never signed me up so she was giving me a refund for all the money they withdrew.. she gave me a check for the insurance amount... Ok i got my money back

but what about my MEDICAL BILLS??? i thought i had insurance, it was THEIR negligence that they never signed me up, according to her "she simply forgot" .. mean while i was paying my premiums... now i am stuck with close to 3,000 worth of bills!! :eek:

can i sue her for the amount of the medical bills?.. this is going to go on my credit, i dont have that kind of money.. i would have never gone to the hospital had i known i really didnt have insurance.. :(

HELP!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">