• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Difference between job offer and actual employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

loujmjr

south dakota, five months ago i was offered employment with a national company. i signed an agreement that if i quit within two years i would reimburse the company for training and investigation expenses. the job offer had a contingency of satisfactorily completing a background investigation before being hired. the company started the investigation four months ago, to date they have not communicated the status of the investigation or whether i will start work with them and i have not been able to obtain any information from them. because of the long period of time with no communication and that i have not started work or even had a start date set, i have accepted a job with another company. my question is: will i be responsible for reimbursing the company for the investigation even though i have not started work or had a hire date set?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">