• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disability act?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

moncheri

I am an attendance sec. for a high school in Texas, that enrolls around 2000 students. In 1998 I developed a sever rectal bleeding and very painful colon attaches. I went to the doctor and he dignosed me with Irritable bowel syndrome, which is brought on by stress. I do have a very stressful job. I was put on medical leave at the end of the school year, to get it under control. My doctor faxed a letter to the administrator regarding my condtion. 3 years later, this last May I developed diverticulosis, which is brought on by the Irritable bowel synbdrome, again I was put on medical leave. My medical leave started May 15th, I gave my supervisor my leave papers and they did not release me until the next day. I was in terrible pain. I also had other complications that required surgery. While on leave they called me every day, (even the day I had major surger) asking questions about how to do my job. While recovering, the administrator called me and told me due to position cuts that they were going to add another full time job to the one I already have. They had a opening in another postion, and I reminded them of my disability due to stress and asked if I could switch over to that position. They refused me. I am almost afraid of going back to work, sometimes I feel they are pushing me out, and it may be because of a sexual harrasment episode with my surpervisor a couple years ago. Should I let them push me out and find another job? It may be wise for my health problems...do I have any rights in this area? I have been with this school for 10 years, you would think they would want to help me find reasonable accommodations for my illness...please help. Thank you for your time..

HomeGuru

Your situation may fall under certain disability and discrimination Acts but is further complicated by the history especially the sexual harassment issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">