• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

On disabilty and my employer wants to take me medical away can they do that???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Devl3125

I am from New Jersey and this is my problem. I am currently on disabilty due to my pregnancy ( high risk with twins also having some complications ) i was told by my employer that they will only hold my position for 12weeks after the 12weeks i have to come back or resign from the postion. I can't go back to work I still have NOT had my babies. So they sent me a letter yesterday saying that now i have to COBRA my medical insurance but that i will get a disabilty check each week. I'll resing from that position but NOT from the company when i am done with matunity i am going to go back to work. Can they do this to me?

M

marykay27

You need to seek a lawyer. You fall under the FAmily Leave Act which takes that you can come back to your job up to 12 MONTHS after you left. You may or may not come back to the old position but they have to put your somewhere.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">