• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disabled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

[email protected]

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I am disabled with a tramatic brain injury.I was hired letting my employer know this.I worked there for 4 yrs. I had many seizures. 4 times I was taken to the hospital. One day I had another seizure and was fired for it. How am I to handle this case? What proof do I need to show the court?

pattytx

How many employees does your employer have at your job location or within a 75 mile radius? How many employees total in all locations?

pattytx

If this condition was such that you could have a seizure at any time, you should have spoken with HR about intermittent FMLA leave. Also, under the ADA, the employer is required, if you ask, to enter into a discussion regarding reasonable accommodations that may be reasonable in order to allow you to do your job.

What type of work did you do? What do you consider might have been a "reasonable" accommodation? How much time did you miss in, say, the last year? What reason did the employer give for your termination?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">