• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discharged based on "hearsay", no proof!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

O.k., so you weren't talking to me, but I guess you are asking what part of mlane's post I disagree with--right? Please correct me if I am wrong. Well, there really isn't anything to disagree on. I don't know, I personally can't afford lawyers and such, so I go to you guys who seem to know SOMETHING, but I guess we're all just in the same boat......right? Unless y'all just have nothing better to do with your time. Are you all washed up ex-employees or legal experts!?:confused:
This:

But what part of mlane's post do you disagree with, since you ask?
Was in response to this:

Yep, I am familiar with MT. labor laws--believe me. Since all this stuff has been going down I have been doing my homework on it.
Which implies that you didn't necessarily agree with what mlane posted.

The members that posted to your thread are VERY knowledgeable in Employment Law. But keep up the 'tude and you can go and PAY for your advice.

W

Willlyjo

Under Montana law

§ 904. A discharge is wrongful only if:
(1) it was in retaliation for the employee's refusal to violate public policy or for
reporting a violation of public policy;
(2) the discharge was not for good cause and the employee had completed the employer's probationary period of employment; or
(3) the employer violated the express provisions of its own written personnel policy.
Based on number (2) above concerning Montana Law, for the OP to be discharged for Medicare Fraud, not wearing his "scrubs" and "falsifying time worked" on his work sheets seems to me like the OP WAS NOT terminated for "Good Cause". If this is all hearsay and not true as the OP says and the OP can prove it, then according to Montana as is posted, the Op would have a case for Wrongful Termination. Now try to find something wrong with this response, ECMST12.

ajfmsla

O.k. fine you blue meanie! I didn't mean to cop a 'tude or anything, but I don't have patience for inside jokes. I am being charged with some pretty serious stuff......my reputation is on the line. My apologies. I'm gonna have a beer--cheers!

W

Willlyjo

When you were discharged, did they give you paperwork documenting the reason(s) for your discharge? If so, do you agree with them? If not and you can prove the reasons as false, maybe you can get a lawyer to help with a Wrongful Termination.

I'm not familiar with Montana laws regarding such, but it seems to me that in any state, if a person is terminated for documented reasons that can be proven to be false, then you may have a case.
I wasn't familiar with Montana law however, according to the post by Mlane58, which specifically points out Montana law in respect to a "Wrongful Discharge", my advice does mirror the eligibility requirement for Wrongful Discharge as posted by Mlane58 which states in part..."the discharge was wrongful if the discharge was not for good cause and the employee completed a "probationary period".

Now I wasn't aware of the OP saying one way or the other if they had completed a probationary period but if so, my advice was right on with respect to Montana Law, which makes the malicious post by ECMST12 very laughable showing his lack of reading comprehension.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Okay so where is the sweeping generalizations and blatant falsehoods in the only post that you should be concerned with? Apparently you, like a few others in this thread, have not read the Terms and Conditions of membership in this forum. Please do so and cease to post any further demeaning, hateful or degrading responses to what I post. The higher ups of this forum already know about those of you who like to go against the terms and conditions and therefore, know they better address my complaints or they as well as you will be liable. Also, for you to say I'm "never right" is a vicious LIE. You are a LIAR!! How does it feel to lie?
Quoted for posterity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">