• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discharged due to unclassified finger prints

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

myys

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

My Grandson, age 19 was discharged from his Delta Airlines job due to
"unclassifiable finger print check." If this sounds strange, you are not alone.
The job requires a complete criminal check, FBI & US Postal Service. He cleared all except the postal service due to "unclassifiable finger print check. We are requesting the cause be put in writing, because we've never heard of such a classification.

My Grandson has no criminal past & has never been in trouble. He is named after his uncle (middle name only & same last name) who does have a record. I can't see how that could cause a problem since it was a fingerprint check.

We are at a lost as how to follow thru on this situation any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance for your time,

Myys

HomeGuru

myys said:
What is the name of your state? South Carolina

My Grandson, age 19 was discharged from his Delta Airlines job due to
"unclassifiable finger print check." If this sounds strange, you are not alone.
The job requires a complete criminal check, FBI & US Postal Service. He cleared all except the postal service due to "unclassifiable finger print check. We are requesting the cause be put in writing, because we've never heard of such a classification.

My Grandson has no criminal past & has never been in trouble. He is named after his uncle (middle name only & same last name) who does have a record. I can't see how that could cause a problem since it was a fingerprint check.

We are at a lost as how to follow thru on this situation any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance for your time,

Myys

**A: and why isn't your grandson posting?

myys

Thank you for your response. At this time my grandson's computer isn't working & I'm not in South Carolina at this time.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If your question is whether or not Delta has done anything illegal in terming your grandson for this reason, the answer is that no, they have not.

myys

Thank you for your response.

My question is: (His prints passed the FBI & state.) Why can't they just use the FBI results? At this time Delta is giving him the run-around on putting anything in writing as to his termination. They claim he has to contact the main office & speak with said person etc...etc... This person is never available & hasn't returned any of his many calls.

Basically, I'm trying to find people that have encountered this problem. I realize the employer has the right to hire & fire...within the law. More information on "Unclassifiable fingerprints" is what I need.

Any information on this subject will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

CO19

myys said:

> Your grandson has a right to view his entire background check. Once he recieves a copy of his background check, he should call a local employment attorney for consultation to discuss the check and any recourse he may/may not have. Regarding unclassifiable fingerprints, do a google search. Delta is a solid company and suspect there is more to this story, and termination, than you are aware of. Not sure what more you are expecting anyone here to tell you....

myys

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I too believed that there was something more to this termination. Others, that I know working in management, claim this has happened prior to others. They don't have the information on this type of termination, all requests must be sent to the main office.

It will be difficult ...but not impossible to obtain a lawyer. Unemployed people aren't the ones that most lawyers want. Slip & Fall ...this case is not.

Thank you for your time, we will follow thru & post ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">