• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disciplinary Action Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenniferherbert

I am being disciplined for calling in sick to work. I even have been suspended and asked to attend a meeting despite providing a doctor’s note and prescription as proof work do not believe me and are calling it gross misconduct.

The meeting will be two hours travels away that I cannot afford as they are suspending while not pay and also I have requested the meeting be changed and shifted and companions accompany me.

Both requests have been ignored and I know it is against the law to not allow me to postpone and anyone accompany me.

Is it illegal for them to make me travel 70 miles, should I attend this disciplinary miles away as they are ignoring me and what can I do. I have asked the meeting be moved local so an employee can attend no response.

Proserpina

I am being disciplined for calling in sick to work. I even have been suspended and asked to attend a meeting despite providing a doctor’s note and prescription as proof work do not believe me and are calling it gross misconduct.

The meeting will be two hours travels away that I cannot afford as they are suspending while not pay and also I have requested the meeting be changed and shifted and companions accompany me.

Both requests have been ignored and I know it is against the law to not allow me to postpone and anyone accompany me.

Is it illegal for them to make me travel 70 miles, should I attend this disciplinary miles away as they are ignoring me and what can I do. I have asked the meeting be moved local so an employee can attend no response.

You ideally need a UK forum, but I can at least answer the travel question. Yes, it's legal to require you to travel the 70 miles.

You can read here: http://www.londonlawcentre.org.uk/pdfs/CLLC%20Disciplinary-3.pdf

jonathan.maxton

Take help and advice on resolving workplace disputes. They offer you free, confidential and impartial guidance on issues related to employment rights and responsibilities and trying to solve workplace disputes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">