• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disclipline action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Medic199

discipline

i live in new york state. i work for an ambulance service, recently we have been in talks to have the the teamsters represent and form a bargaining unit. the agency i work for was recently petentioned by the nlrb, and since then i as the supposed ring leader have had phone calls made to my house by managemnt, rumors of my termination along with two others which management denies even though the statement came from their operartion manager, and the newest and my main question is that their looking into whether or not i left early on a certain day and had coverage come in for me and whether or not i left early even though i signed out for the normal shift end period. is this considered padding my file to start, apparent incident on april 25, 2001 payroll is done every week. quite honestly i'm not sure if i left early or i stayed to the end of my shift. i just recently got my evaluation of 4% which is the highest you can get no discplinary action in four years and steady raises. this all started since the teamsters started, are they in violation of union busting or any type of laws if they should proceed against me. bob

L

loku

Union organizing

Firing you for labor organizing would be a wrongful termination; however, it is often hard to prove, especially when the company seems to be aware of what they are doing as in your case. I think the first thing you should do is consult with the union and get advice from them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">