• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disclosure of information after 30 day dismissal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fastrak4827

State in which I was fired: California
Year: 1996

In 1996, I moved to the state of California. I took a job with a Subway Franchisee. After 30 days I was let go. When I inquired as to why, the employer replied with " We dont have to tell you and we are not going to tell you." I didnt press the issue at the time. I moved back to Maryland a few months after and continued on. In 2000, I applied for the Los Angeles Police Department and after my background investigation I was disqualified because I had been fired from that Subway for Sexual Harrassment. I was never notified by the company of this, never given a chance to defend myself, nothing. I have applied to several other Law enofrcement agencies and tried to explain the circumstances and every time the findings of the LAPD have been used against me and are the sole reason as to why I am not a Police officer today. Im frustrated beyond belief and im pretty sure there is nothing I can do about it but I wanted to post here and see if maybe there was something I could do.

seniorjudge

fastrak4827 said:
State in which I was fired: California
Year: 1996

In 1996, I moved to the state of California. I took a job with a Subway Franchisee. After 30 days I was let go. When I inquired as to why, the employer replied with " We dont have to tell you and we are not going to tell you." I didnt press the issue at the time. I moved back to Maryland a few months after and continued on. In 2000, I applied for the Los Angeles Police Department and after my background investigation I was disqualified because I had been fired from that Subway for Sexual Harrassment. I was never notified by the company of this, never given a chance to defend myself, nothing. I have applied to several other Law enofrcement agencies and tried to explain the circumstances and every time the findings of the LAPD have been used against me and are the sole reason as to why I am not a Police officer today. Im frustrated beyond belief and im pretty sure there is nothing I can do about it but I wanted to post here and see if maybe there was something I could do.

...the findings of the LAPD have been used against me and are the sole reason as to why I am not a Police officer today....

Are you sure about this?

And just where is this information from a Subway restaurant ten years ago? Who is giving that info out?

fastrak4827

I am currently going thru the Background with the NYPD and my investigator has told me that the findings of the LAPD are holding me back. The company that gave the LAPD the information was the company in which I was fired from. During my emplyment with Subway I had a verbal disagreement with a female co- worker, In that disagreement I called the girl a princess. And that , according to the LAPD finding, is the sexual harrasment in which I was fired for.

fastrak4827

and to clarify one more thing. When I go thru the Investigations I personally have been disclosing all information to the agencies so that it cannot be thrown at me later that i have withheld information.

seniorjudge

I realize all that stuff happened in California, but even as nutty as that state is, surely the calling of a girl a "princess" would not land you in a sexual harassment situation.

I could be wrong.

I thought OJ was guilty.

Anyway, if it is as minor as you say it was, then how can that be stopping you?

What does the LAPD statement say that is so bad?

fastrak4827

L.A's thing was that they didnt believe I was not aware of the charge. I was not. So ive tried other agencies. And the thing with them has not been the degree of the charge but the charge itself. The investigators I have dealt with have mentioned the same thing that it seems so trivial that there has to be more to it and when they dont find anything they still dont believe it. I have tried to locate the company that has made the charge but they are no longer a Subway franchisee. I cannot find any way to clear my name or get a clear concise statement from them on what the details of the firing were. Such as documents from the accuser and other details so that I might present them to the law enforcement agencies to back up what exactly occured.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">