• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discovery date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bari7230

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
Hello,
This is a CEPA case unlawful termination,
Soon is a court day, next week is the settlement conference day.
We just received an additional document; the discovery date has been long expired (year and a half ago).
My lower objected them!
Will those document be accepted by the court, how common is that ? and what would the other side will need to prove?
Discovery date is that something so important that no other document (in my case) will be accepted, or it’s just something formal that new evidence can be accepted.
I am not asking what will the court do, but what will be the consideration for its decision, and base on what, if at all.
Thanks.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I am not asking what will the court do, but what will be the consideration for its decision, and base on what, if at all.

You are still asking us to read the court's mind. WE DON'T HAVE ANY FACTS. HOW THE HELL DO WE KNOW WHAT WILL BE THE CONSIDERATION FOR THE DECISION? HOW THE HELL DO WE KNOW WHAT THE COURT WILL BASE ITS DECISION ON?

Has it occurred to you, as you ask this question all over the internet (this is at least the fourth board I've seen it on) is that the reason you're not getting any answers is that we have no information to base an answer on?

pattytx

That what you pay your attorney for. If you don't trust your attorney's answers, you shouldn't keep him/her.

bari7230

I will try again,
I am not asking to get an opinion based on the faces of my case, but what are the guidelines that courts go by from experience of others.
How common is that to accept document (additional document after discovery date has expired)
Withhold yourself from answering if you have nothing relevant to contribute.
Thanks.

ecmst12

Most of the people on this board are HR experts with lots of knowledge of employment law but very little courtroom experience. Your lawyer is the best person to answer this question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">