• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beckymdm

I went out on maternity leave July 28 and on August 9 I received a call from my emoloyer that they were doing away with my job. I had only been out a little over a week. Can they do this???

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Depends. If their basis was on your maternity leave, no.

If you live in an at-will employment state, they can terminate you and the position for no reason with or without notice.

B

beckymdm

I LIVE IN GEORGIA....I THOUGHT THEY HAD TO HAVE A POSITION FOR ME AT THE END OF MY SIX WEEKS, IF THEY DID AWAY WITH MY JOB SHOULDNT THEY HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER POSITION AVAILABLE?

L

lawrat

Not unless you signed some sort of contract indicating this. This is why I differentiated between the reasons behind letting you go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">