• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Scott34

I feel I have been discriminated against in a job transfer, and on cost of living raises. The first: I was interviewed by the prospective new department manager and he said "you have the job" , however when we relayed the message to my current department they said your too valuable to this department we wont let you transfer. Is this a viable means of seeking legal action? I am unhappy in my current position and have tried to transfer out for 7 years, when I did get the job, they say no way your not transfering, is this legal?

On the second issue this pertains to myself and a handful of others. We were all supervisors in one respect or another, well they revamped thier operator/supervisor plan and dropped our titles as supervisors and dropped us to a lower pay scale, but still have us in supervisory positions. We got a 27 cent raise last year as everyone else got well over that, some up to $1.50. Now this year they bring us in after announcing a 4.2% increase and tell us we only get 2.0%. They claim we were told this last year, which we were not, and the same will be for next year if they receive a 4.2 we'll get 2.0.

I am not the only disgruntled employee over this watching everyone else move up and us being held back in our wages to meet the current operator rate we were reduced to as our supervisory positions were terminated. They claim we didnt get the full raise because we still make more than the operator level 4 gets but are still acting as supervisors.
Any help you might have would greatly appreciated, Thank you

Fed up in Iowa

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">