• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newbdev

What is the name of your state? south Florida

Greetings,

I recently applied for a job and was told could not be hired because I do not drive. The reason I do not drive is because of a medical condition which I told the human resource person at the time. Can I legally be barred from a job that requires no driving once so ever, based on fact I do not meet the "reliable transportation requirement," even if its because of a disability?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If there is a bona fide, supportable "reasonable transportation" requirement and you do not meet it, you can be turned down for the position regardless of the reason you do not meet it. Nothing in the ADA or any other law requires an employer to hire someone who cannot fulfill the bona fide requirements of the position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">