• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimination???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

greycat800

I am a contingent worker in NYC. Recently, the firm where I am working made permanent offers to a large number of the staff. After repeated calls, e-mails and a counteroffer to the original with no response, I declined the offer, specifically saying I would be open to future possibilities. I was then approached by a supervisor who informed me the management may reconsider the original offer and I may receive a call. I never did. However, one of my peers, a male, who had also made a counteroffer but who had not yet declined the first offer, was hired. It appears that all of the folks that went permanent in this position are male. They recieved various and numerous responses from management during this offer period. I made calls but never recieved a direct response from anyone in management. Obviously, I'm a woman. Is this possibly discrimination? PS - the original offers were made at exactly the same amount of money to folks that had the same skill set. Counteroffers and possible "deals" happened only with male staff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">