• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jiachini

I was terminated from a managerial position because the existing staff did not agree with my plans for the program. I was hired new for an existing staff. I did not meet their expectations and my MS was interferring with these expectations (not a performance issue). Do I have grounds for filing a suit for discrimination and wrongful termination?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you were fired because they did not agree with your plans for the program, as you say in your first sentence, that's not at all the same thing as not meeting their expectations because of MS. Firing you because they do not agree with your plans for the program is perfectly legal and not in any way either discrimination or wrongful termination. Firing you because of your not meeting expectations is also not illegal in any way. If your MS was involved it might or might not make a difference depending on factors too complicated to resolve on a message board. If you truly believe that you were fired because of the MS consult a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">