• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discrimination or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chapsnspurs2k

I am working for a company that i feel is not proiding me with an equal oppertunity withiin the company. I work in a heavy equipment shop as a mechanic. My boss told me that he was going to put one of the other mechanics or myself in a field service truck which is a better, more technical position. He told me then that the determining factor would be who was the better mechanic. I have more expeience in this job than this other employee. I also have more education in this proffesion than the other employee. this other employee was given the field service possition. When i asked why i was told first that the other employee was a better mechanic. When i argued th point i was told that the other employee had been at the company longer even though i had been in the shop longer. Then i asked why they had hired another mechanic and put him straight into field service i was told that he was the boss and that was just the way it was. I unhappily accepted this answer.Then today another employee who also is a mechanic came in with an arm brace on because of an injury that the origin is unknown. The boss had no problem with him working but three months ago when i was injured and had the same arm brace on and with the doctors concent i was told i couldnot work because they didnot have anything i could do with one hand. I am half black and these others are white but i am not sure that has anything to do with it but its not looking right to me. Do you think this would be grounds to sue or not?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">