• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dispute with previous employer need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Danohh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

thanks in advance for any help i can get. Ill try to lay it out in as few words as possible. I am a fire alarm technician in TN. The company i just left had a company funded health savings account of $1k for each employee. I worked on monday the 10th of this month, but the company didnt have alot of work so they said they would call me if something came up. I didnt work on the 11th or 12th. I had a medical bill for around 1K, my debit card for my HSA came active on the 12th, and i immediately went to the hospital cashier at 9:30am and paid the bill in full as soon as my card was confirmed to be active. The night of the 12th after the office had closed, i got a call from my supervisor and after a long converstaion I decided that I was going to end my employment with the company at around 5pm.
Last friday i got a copy of my seperation papers from the company which had been back dated to say that i had ended my employment on the 10th, I also got a letter from my HSA saying that because my employment with the company had ended on the 10th, I had used my card after my termination and that i was obligated to repay the $1k for the medical bill i had payed. The company has refused to settle this by doing the right thing and reissuing the seperation papers with the correct date. Where do i begin? Thanks again for any response, and sorry it wasnt as short as i had thought.

thanks
Dannoh

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">