• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Distressed Ex-navy Sailor... Please Help...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CeLuNa

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I recently just got discharged from the US Navy... I was discharged due to medical reasons, no disaplinary or mjp's or any of the sort... I got out on a "general under honorable conditions" and was involunteerily seperated due to my medical condition. I was in for a total of 13 months... and completely paid off my montgumery GI bill, which I paid 100.00 per month for one year. My GI Bill was supposed to be given to me for 35K when I got out... now on the contract it states that it can be voided due to earlier termination if your terminated due to mjp's, and bad conduct, and disciplinary issues... nowhere does it say anything about being seperated for medical conditions and I was also pushed out of the navy while I wanted to stay in... so therefore I feel that I held up my end of the deal and the Navy stole my GI Bill...

Also... when I enlisted I signed on for an extra year which intitled me to a 3k bonus, which I recieved. Now when they kicked me out they didn't give me my last paycheck because they claimed that I was overpaid due to recieving the enlistment bonus. Again I didn't get discharged because I wanted to or because of bad conduct, I was involunteerily seperated due to a medical condition that I had.

Please help me on this...

Beth3

CeLuNa, I suggest you repost your question on the section of the board here that deals with Military Law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">