• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do employees have ANY rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Just Curious...

It seems to me, from my working experience, that employees are essentially paid slaves.

A company hires you and promises great things for your time,health ins, vacation, bonuses then they renig...and there is nothing you can do about it.

They promise you you will work 8-4, but you never get to leave until after 5, and the employer is right!!

The list could go on and on, but really what rights does an employee have? Should'nt the employee have the right to a fair pay, fair schedule, the ability to voice their opinion, and a little respect from their employer. Should'nt we have the right to stand up for ourselves when the co-workers backstab us, and not have to worry about being fired?? Employers and co-workers can make your life a living hell, and its all within the EMPLOYERS legal rights. The employer can make up policys and procedures, but NOT require EVERYONE to follow them. The employer can strip your identity, take away any self respect you had and stomp on your feelings and they do it all within their legal rights.

Seems to me I need to be an EMPLOYER instead of an EMPLOYEE!

I

ITCANTBETHATBAD

Maybe I'm naive - but I don't believe that most people feel like you do. You must be working in a horrible place -- have you always perceived such an ugly world around you. You've got a lot of anger in you -- sounds like the WE/THEY disease.

D

Disgrunteld2

Hey ITCANTBETHATBAD!

Have some compassion! Not everyone works in Fantasy World like you obviously do!!!

I have a pretty crappy job and can sympathize with Just Curious!!!

Wish I lived in your Happy Shiny Little World!

:(

J

JustCurious

Hey disgruntled2, glad Im not the only one that gets the **** jobs. What I mean is...I go in ON TIME which none of my co-workers can get there til at least 5 min. after their shift starts, I leave at least a half hour after my shift ends, and I get no more than my co-workers in terms of raises. I work extra weekends and extra holidays, and do I even get a simple thank you??? NO.

Well, several weeks ago, I stopped working "extra". I work my 4 8 hr shifts and NO MORE. I was asked several times to pick up extra shifts on the weeekends like I used to and I said Sorry, I cant, I have plans. NOW my employer tells me I'm not a team player. I say F*** them. Also I called in sick for the first time in the 2 years Ive been there, just because, I was'nt sick but I figured what the hell, everyone else calls out sick every 8 weeks, and know what? My supervisor had the nerve to question me about it? Was I really sick???

Oh how I dream of that Disney Land job, where everyone is smiling and happy.. Do those jobs really exist??? Or are they "over the rainbow"?

I left a really good job for this job because I was promised bonuses and raises and other goodies...aint seen anything yet!

D

Disgrunteled2

Hey Curious,

I am a systems analyst for a software company in Florida. The pay is excellent but there's a catch - THE JOB SUCKS!
I had to work 6 and sometimes 7 day weeks for 4 straight months and did I ever hear a Thank you from upper management? maybe once- and that is just not enough!

The big paycheck just isnt not worth it anymore! I'm fed up with being treated like crap! I will be turning in my resignation in a few weeks and I am so looking forward to getting a better job - shoot! I'll join the Peace Corp if I have to!

So, good luck to you Curious! and remember you can always say "Take this job and SHOVE it!"

J

JustCurious

Good Luck Disgruntled2...if you find a dream job where people say please and thank you, let me know. About now I would move half way across the world for a job like that!!!

BTW..I did tell my supervisor to take the job and shove it, after she told me I wasnt a team player...I have never felt better!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">