• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DO I HAEVE TO CARRY WORKERS COMP INSURANCE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

michael carroll

My wife and I clean a church 3 times a week.tThey have asked us to carry our own workers comp insurance.I bill them as a independant contractor and pay our own taxes do we need to have this to operate our business in OH. Thanks for any help that you can send.

B

buddy2bear

Every business that I know of is required to carry workers' compensation insurance. Depending on your State, you can be covered under workers' comp. through your State's Injured Workers Fund. They will base your payments upon your payroll total for the year - X cents for X amount of payroll dollars paid to employees. Your rating -- how many injuries were paid through workers' comp. also contributes to your payment. No claims -- you will pay a very low rate. Look up in your phone book under State Government and see if they have a workers' compensation commission or injured workers fund. They will send you a nice booklet with all the information you need. If your State does not have this, then talk to your insurance agent who can broker the workers' comp.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">