• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Randall

HI I posted this question yesterday, but did not receive a reply, but I want to try again....
I recently resigned from a job. I have been applying for new positions, but my previous employer is (vindictively, I think) not replying to potential new employers requests to verify my previous employment.She is simply not returning their calls. I wrote my previous employer a polite note asking her to do so, but, so far --no results. Any suggestions?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You can't make your previous employer call these people back or talk. It is not her responsibility. Besides, do you want to give her the opportunity to bad mouth you?

Your best bet, contact the Human Resources Department of your previous employer, and ask for an official letter sent to you stipulating your title and dates of employment and duties. That's it.

Once you receive this, initiate a letter both to the HR department and to your ex-boss stating they are only to give out/confirm your title, duties and dates of employment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">