• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have anything to fight

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

notverybrite

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I was recently terminated, for a very supid decision on my part.. 2and 1/2 years ago my employer convinced my to sit for a test to obtain certification, my employer payed for the certification, with the condition I pay it back if I failed.. I am not good test taker,(in 2006) as I finished up taking test, and was told instantly I failed, a co worker called on my cell phone asking about results, embarrassed and feeling bad i told this co worker I passed. He proceeded to call my boss and everyone else and relay the information, now I really felt BAD and didn't know what to do. Instead of hitting this problem I created head on I just ignored it. I never told my boss or any other coworker that i passed, however I never disputed the lie. Recently I was called on the carpet, was asked to show the certification,(I told them I was unable) but yet again I did not tell them I failed. I was given termination papers right then the reasons where inappropriate behavior, missapproriating, and service violation. I have been at this company for 10years, have had all excellent yearly evaluations. Ironically enough one of the things I am known for is telling the truth no matter the cost. I am saying lesson learned for my own stupidy.... My coworkers are all telling me to fight this, I am woundering on what grounds?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There ARE no grounds to fight the termination. I don't like to kick you when you're down, but I'd have fired you too.

Have you applied for unemployment? What was the company's response?

Beth3

My coworkers are all telling me to fight this, I am woundering on what grounds? There are none. Your employer teminating your employment was completely legal. Your coworkers don't know what they're talking about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">