• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have anything to go on?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chembrlee

I am from California. I became involved with my manager that began as a mutual interest in one another. We both understood that we wanted no attatchments. Some of the time together was spent in his office at work while on the clock with one incedent of sexual intercourse. It was reported, and the Human Rescourses department called me in. Let me also add that a "friend" of mine, who also worked at the same place knew about it and was the one who reported it. When I was approached the information given back to me was so specific I couldn't deny any of it. I admitted to the incedent and signed a form stating I was involved with my manager and had relations at work. That's all it said. I didn't want to get into more than that. Well, I was sent home to wait for my fate. Ultimately I was put on 3 days suspention with intent to terminate. I asked what will happen to my manager and the respose was " I can't tell you that but we did speak to him extensively and a decision for him has been made". Well, I come to find out he is NOT fired. He didn't even get a suspention. It looks like he got off even though he commited the same things I did for which I believe he should have been held more accountable since he is the manager. The only difference is I shared it with my "friend". It has been reported back to me that he has shone up to work since and is walking around as if nothing happened.
It is suspected, by everyone I have discussed this with, that my manager twisted the truth to make it seem it was all my doing and as a result I got fired and not him. But I have no way of knowing since they wont tell me what was said.
Is there a way for me to get that information, either through a lawyer or other rights I may have so I can see what his meeting with HR consisted of? I feel IF he did make accusations towards me I should have the right to defend myself, in his presence so he can't do this. And IF he did could I sue him for slander?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">