• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I Have A Case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wicked_dreams

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I was just recently working as an administrator for $8 an hour. I was working there for 2 weeks when my 15 month old son got very sick. He could not hold down anything not even water. The doctor wrote a note for my work to excuse me for one day so that I could keep an eye on my son and try to get him to keep something down. This was on a sunday and the doctor wanted me to take off on monday. I called the president of the company, since I did not have the manager's cell number. I called him at 7pm on sunday and told him that i would not be able to make it in on monday and that I had a doctor's note. Then on monday morning I got a call at approximatly 7 in the morning and was asked by the manager why I had not called him. (I did not have to be in at work until 8 in the morning anyways). I told him that I did not have his cell number but that I called the president and asked him if he had talked to the president and he said yes. He ended up firing me because I did not call him the night before, when I did not even have his cell on me and his cell was at the office. Is this right or not?

R

Ramoth

Ohio is an at-will state, so it was legal to fire you for that reason. I'm not saying I agree with it, but it's not illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">