• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ruthie123

I work in Texas for a small nonprofit (less than 5 FT employees) of which I am one. I was fired after complaining about a breach of contract issue and certain accounting discrepancies within the nonprofit. I worked at least 35 hours a week and paid taxes. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Beth3

A breach of contract for who? You? If you had an employment contract you believe was breached then you should be speaking to an attorney.

As to the accounting discrepancies, unless the agency was engaged in any actual wrongdoing, you very likely have no recourse if you were fired in retalliation for complaining.

R

Ruthie123

Clarification

Sorry about that; yes, they breached a contract promising pay, a pay increase, benefits etc. by not following through (I have written proof of the offer to do so on their part) and my performance was never in question. Yes, the wrongdoing has to do with individuals in control of funds benefiting from contracts. Federal fraud as it is nonprofit. Two weeks after questioning the above, the axe fell. Thoughts??

Thanks for your quick reply!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">