• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hmb0704

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I was working for a company doing ebay sales under the supervision of one person. It was just him and I handling everything. He developed a personal issue with me because a mistake was made that he went to the owner of the company with and blamed me for it and said that it was something that I did intentionally. He was the one who made the mistake and I would not take the blame for it, and even the owner of the company believed me over him, but did not make a big deal out of it. Then my supervisor sent an email to the owner telling him that I was overpaid, that I made a lot of mistakes (which isn't true and I can prove), and that he didn't need any help and could handle ebay on his own. So I was laid off due to lack of work, and I have a company letter stating this. I just found out that they hired someone else to help with ebay and I was never offered the opportunity to return. I was let go because of a personal issue with my supervisor and I am not the first one this has happened to, another girl who worked under the same guy was "laid off" for very similar circumstances when she had a personal issue with this guy. I just want to know if I have a case against the company or this gentleman and the odds of winning the case.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, you do not have a case against either the company or the gentleman in question. Your chances of prevailing are nil.

It may have been unfair but based on the facts in your post nothing the company did was unlawful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">