• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spstee

What is the name of your state? florida I was employed with the Department of Correction, I was hurt on the job on February 9,2003. Call in the next day and told them my hand was badly swollen. My days off was Tuesday/Wednesday Called in on Feb 13 went to the doctor and was told not to use my hand for two weeks due to injury. Call in on Feb 14, I was told I needed a release letter from my doctor stating I can return back to work. Was then contacted by my captain to come and fill out workman compensation papers started workman compensation on February 26, 2003 was discharged on April 7, 2003. Turn in all my workman compensation papers to the safety officer on my job he asked did I have any papers that stated no work I told he no. That when he told me to contact the (Florida Police Benevolent Association). When I call the representative he told me to contact the warden about my job. I spoke to the warden on April 15, 2003 he to me I notice was send out on Friday that I was fired. I applied for unemployment and was denied. Filed an appeal went to the hearing explained my case. The decision was reversed.

Sockeye

What were you "discharged on April 7, 2003", workmans comp or from the job?

Also, how long had you worked for them?

spstee

Workmans compensation and I work for 11months, I was hire on May10, 2002 and was fired on April 11, 2003.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">