• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?!?!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CoachJackson83

What is the name of your state? Florida
I applied for a job at the Central Florida YMCA, I was told that I could go ahead and start working as and official and site coordinator and to keep track of my hours until I got my (required) CPR and First Aid certifications, then I would be in the system for pay. Weeks went on and I was told the same thing over and over (trusting the supervisor becuase we've known each other for a couple of years). Finally after about a month, He tells me that I can't get it all in one chunk and I will have to get it slowly added to my bi-weekly checks now that I am on staff. At this point I say "fine, as long as I get it all". Now that I have been "officially" employed and "on-staff" all I'm hearing is that "our hands are tied" and we will get it in (this has been for about 3 weeks). In all I've worked 74 hours and have only receive about 2 1/2 hours that I am owed? I know that they are covering their own butts at my expense (they should not have let me work and then led me on even after they knew that things would get complicated). Do I have a case(small claims, of course roughly $500)? The only real documentation I have is numerous emails asking about my due wages, as well as excuse replies from the supervisor, and log sheets of my hours.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Contact your state DOL (in FL I believe that is handled by the Department of Workforce Innovation) and file a complaint for unpaid wages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">